aA foreign sports fashion company is seeking an 'Apparel MD (Merchandiser)' as follow;
* Job Title: Apparel MD (Merchandiser)
* Department: Merchandising
* Position: Daeri - Gwajang
* Reporting Line: Merchandising Manager
* Experience: 4 - 8 Years
Merchandising a product line that effectively meets the needs of brand and market.
This job is focused on consumer insights, assortment planning, market, and product management activities. Responsible for driving integrated, profitable, relevant product assortments which express brand vision in the market. Communicates product and category assortments to sales and marketing and drives consistent premium product and category consumer experience.
The ideal candidate will be a strong fashion sense with a minimum of 4-8 years of experience in product management or merchandising position in fashion and sports industry. The individual will likely have experience in a well-regarded consumer products company, and a professional involvement and relationship with sports & fashion apparels.
- Create and communicate a seasonal product frame work for the category, in a way that will support the Brand and maximize revenue and profitability.
- Develop an assortment strategy, flow plan and pricing strategy that supports brand positioning and will sell at retail.
- Knowledge of the market trend, competition, and consumer behavior in the sports & fashion industry
- Act as the product or category spokesperson and present the product lines to retail accounts, sales and relevant employees.
- Create impactful presentations for seasonal strategy to help sell the product and assist in the coordination
- Make sure to order placement for global production, plus spend time for channels segmentation plan reflecting consumer perspective.
- Implement seasonal forecast through internal system, handling seasonal samples.
- Communicate closely with the headquarter, and give a product feedback frequently
- Have a good understanding of retail store condition and work closely with sales and marketing team to ensure accurate product forecasts and communicate product strategy
- Manage efficient operation of supply, rotation, and return of products.
- 4-8 years’ related experience of Merchandiser in retail fashion and sports industry
- Apparel Merchandising Experience in fashion or sportswear brand
- Customer focus with business sense & strong interests in fashion trend
- Excellent product intelligence - consumer awareness, creativity, passion of sport & fashion brand
- Ability of strategic thinking and problem solving
- Good at influencing, presentation, communication, negotiation and teamwork
- Fluent in English language (both verbal and written)
Those who are interested in this opportunity, please submit your Resume in MS Word Format by email urgently Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview All resumes not contacted will be kept in DB confidentially for future positions
Kyung Jin KIM
CEO & Executive Search Consultant